Paint it and They Will Come!

Well, we just got back from our first Fall Show which was thru the amazing Shabby Lane Shops webmall at Cool Springs Galleria.   This show was the creation of a lovely young woman, Catherine Monceaux.  You can check out all the store fronts on line at Shabby Lane Shops.  I love the idea of buying gifts and must haves from other entrepreneurs.  She has other event planned for the rest of the year.  So be sure to check out the mall and sign up to be a vendor if you are looking for events.

Some of my neighbors at the show were Shandra  Holder with her amazing Miche Bags.  Had to get one, and I can't wait until it comes!She was a delight to be next to.  You can find all her information about the bags and her home parties at Miche Bags


Speaking of convertible items, the VeraStyle Jewelry booth was behind mine.  There is no limit to how you can style their jewelry, and it each becomes a statement piece that is both individual and versatile.  Maria and Shelly offer their products at shows and home parties.  You can find them online at Mialisia VersaStyle Jewelry.  Was so pleased that my DH surprised me with a chain that I can wear as a necklace, bracelet or eye glass holder. 

We had spent the last six weeks putting together quite a few pieces of our painted furniture to show the effects you can get with our Paint Couture Line of Project Paints that we offer online at The Blue Heron Studio and at select locations throughout Middle Tennessee.  We are also offering a class in Paint Couture with sample boards and sample products for the students, October 18th in Cookeville, Tennessee at the Cumberland Art Society.  Right now if you bring a friend, you can share the cost of the workshop at $59.00 and still both make all the sample boards and receive the sample paints.  If you are interested in attending, please email me at blueheron05@twlakes.net.  I will be happy to add you to the class roster.  We are going to have a lot of fun that day learning some new techniques to take your furniture painting to a new level. 

I also want to share a piece that sold at the show as well.  It was a china cabinet made by Burns around the 1950's.  We painted the outside in Paint Couture! Madagascar Mocha, and the inside in Italian Ivory.  I then stencilled French lettering on the inside back of the cabinet in Baltic Black.  A finish of Finish Couture! in Satin was applied with two coats.  I thought it turned out very classic, and I am anxious to do this again, perhaps on a bookcase?


 Overall, the show was great and the Brentwood area in Tennessee is a lovely place.  I only wish we could have had a little time exploring the area such as the plantation, Traveler's Rest and other historic sites.
I hope we get invited to return to the show, and now that I know how much there is to do and see, an extra day would certainly be in order. 

Until next time!  Keep painting and enjoy and cherish your homes and families!

Comments