Oh My Goodness!

It has been too long since I have shared anything thru this blog.  After promising weekly postings of projects or other creative endeavors, all I can say, is that I am sorry.  Early this summer, I had surgery that involved a great deal of recuperation and right after that I took a tumble down a flight of stairs that did not help the progress.  So.....I would much rather have been working on things or ideas to share, but had to slow down a little to heal.  All is well now, and I have been very busy creating new projects and repurposing items using the new Paint Couture Line we now carry as well as Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint.


Before



After!


Years of dirt was cleaned from the piece using TSP from the hardware and paint store.  I followed directions for the use and after it was done, I rinsed the piece with clear water and allowed it to dry.  I was very lucky that the original hardware was still in good condition.  I painted the hardware and gave it a dry brushed effect that I though went well with the piece.  

Closeup of Applied Molding

I did use some of the resin moldings from Do It Yourself Shabby Chic.  I really like their moldings and they apply easily with wood glue.  They can be painted or stained, depending on what you need to do.  Check out their website at http://doityourselfchic.com/.  They have lots of great designs.  I did also choose a small rose spray that I applied to the front of each drawer. 

I painted the entire piece with Paint Couture in Renewal.  It took two coats for this particular project.  I did follow directions and let 24 hours pass between coats, and another 24 after the last coat before applying Glaze Couture in Champagne.  This color was very subtle, yet the overall effect was to give a "Duck Egg Blue" shading to the piece.  Inside the drawers I used a Martha Stewart Latex Color called Bone Folder.  

The piece was quickly done, and yet had a good look when finished.  It has already found a new home!
I am busy getting ready for a show mid September in Franklin, Tennessee at Cool Springs Galleria.  I will have lots of new projects to share with you.  On a final note, I want to share our new color, created especially for our studio, The Blue Heron, by Paint Couture. 


We carry it in both quart and sample sizes!  Quarts run $29.50 and the samples are $12.00.  You can purchase this and all the paint couture colors on our website at http://www.theblueheronstudio.com

In the meantime, keep painting and making beautiful things happen in your world!

Comments