Heaven to my Eyes!

First, let me apologize to those of you who received a duplicate post.  For the last four days, I have had issues with my blogger and I had to re post and check for the problem. 


As you may remember, I am on a mission to finish items this year.  However,  I am also on a mission to find items to re purpose and up cycle.  This makes for a huge conflict in one's soul.  I did have a chance to go thru an estate near the Nashville area and score some amazing items.  I have started to list some of the smaller items in my Etsy store and on my website. 

The Blue Heron Studios on Etsy

I want to take this opportunity to thank my wonderful husband who definitely got into the spirit of the hunt and also went back with me driving a trailer to pick the items up on Saturday.  Since I have already brought home an SUV filled to the brim, it was more than appreciated.

Here is a photo of him with his treasures.....all fishing items.....I am sure he is thinking of future expeditions.....probably more on the lines of the lake!

He was very happy!
 
Now for the amazing part.  Here are shots of the inside of the trailer and the back of the truck on arrival.  For a girl like me, it just does not get any better.  Somewhere between, "How much" and "I'll Take It!" I lost sight of my goals to complete projects already in line.  Oh well......if I don't get thru this by the end of summer, I will sign up for a Hoarding episode.  I wonder what the director would say if I whipped out some milk or chalk paint as one of my options??  For those of you who love the hunt and the refurbishing of home related items.....here are the photos......
 
 
 
It's hard to see exactly what is in here, but I can tell you there is a complete dining room set from Davis Furniture for the 50's or 60's.
 
Here is a shot of one of the two hutches with that set.
 
I have to be honest and say with the wood marked "Appalachian Beech", I am conflicted as to painting or just letting her sell as she is with a little TLC!
 
What would you do???
 
Leave me a comment, I would love to hear!
 
On another issue,  I did finish a quilt top last week, so all good intentions were not abandoned!
 



 
 

 
 

Comments