Shabby Chic Flower Seller's Hand Painted Table

 
French Flower Seller's Table
 
 
This table is show on it's side.  It is a little higher than a coffee table.  It could have been a bench at one time.  You can't see the brass tips on the legs until the finished project photo, but it seemed like a sturdy piece of furniture, that could do with a little love and creativity.  Did I mention a little work, also?  I took it outside and gave it a really good cleaning and then I taped the inside of it with painters blue tape as I did not think it needed the storage part painted.  I gave it one dry brushed to fairly thick coat of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Versailles.  Love that color!  Once again my friends at Jennie Leigh Design were my go to for my paint that I used.  You can find them here to order your colors:www.jennieleighdesign.com
 

After distressing the outside by lightly sanding wear marks into the chalk painted finish, I went to Karen's website at The Graphics Fairy.  Her link is www.thegraphicsfairy.com.  I found exactly what I was looking for in typography.  I used the image below and enlarged it to fit the dimensions of the
table.
 

I used an acrylic paint in a pewter color.  It is the Lumiere Acrylic Paint by Jacquard. It was neither too dark or too shiny metallic for what I wanted. I hand painted the lettering with two coats of this paint.  I was pleased that this gave the typography the look of an old sign!
 

That done, I needed to decide how to finish the inside. I had purchased several years ago a roll of contact paper that had a rich mahogany colored suede fabric as the lining, and that was what I decided to use. I purchased it at the Container Store and had kept it back for that exactly right project. This gave a nice finished look to the inside, and you can see for yourself how great this little piece is for storage!

 
Here is a final closeup of the finished table top.  I was pleased with the end results, and even more pleased that it has already found a new home. 

 
 


I am thinking the next time I use this graphic, I will maybe do a sign.  How cute would that look on a garden building outside?
 

Comments

  1. Great little side table! Very handy to have that hidden storage, too. I love the image you chose. I've used that a few times on my own makeovers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic little table. You did a beautiful job on making it pretty. Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment