FARRAGOZ

FARRAGOZ
ON LINE OLD WORLD PATINA FURNITURE PAINTING CLASS

The Studio on the Lake in Tennessee

The Studio on the Lake in Tennessee
The Studio on the Lake in Tennessee

Pinterest

Follow by Email

Monday, October 29, 2012

It's Enough.......


 
Thank you Oprah for allowing us to recognize the "AHA" moments in our lives.
 
As I worked frantically over the weekend to pack for a return trip to Tennessee, reclaim the home so the Realtors could show it when I wasn’t in Georgia, feed pets and husband, and work on final items for the Nashville Christmas Show, I truly felt like I was spinning my wheels.  The past year I have been diagnosed with cancer, two surgeries, and radiation treatment plus meds I am on every day.  We also purchased and redid the home in Georgia that we are now looking to sell due to job changes for my husband.  I have the opportunity to be in Tennessee for less than a week, during which time, I need to schedule a trip to Knoxville to have the current car serviced, two hours each way, and then a trip to Cookeville to pick up the new vehicle.  I also have several people we have invited for Thanksgiving in a few weeks.  There may be overnight lodging involved in this event.  Did I mention, we redid the home in Tennessee also this year, and it’s not completely company ready?  At 9 a.m. it occurred to me that perhaps this was all just an exercise in insanity, and I needed to stop the bus or just get off the bus.  When I talked to the lady doing the show and she had such a short window for me to drop off items for the show and it would be a Nashville drop off when I would be in Georgia, I just realized that this is totally impossible and just completely nuts!  The world is not going to stop because I don’t have twenty items at the Nashville Christmas Show this year.  We, thank God, are not going to go hungry if I don't sell one thing.  Hopefully, there will be plenty of other holidays in my future and my loved ones.  Why should I make another weekend, day or hour such a forced march?  I looked around and there was nobody with a gun to my head.  Everything I was feeling was another way for the perfectionist in me, the performer, the creator, to beat me up with.  I feel that I have been on a journey to work minimalism into my life, and where was I failing?  You have to get it straight in your head first.
People don’t really need more things, even my lovely (LOL) items, and if they do, why can’t I sell this on my website, etsy, or in one of the several daily retail locations I have access to?  I was still able to provide forty handmade ornaments for Catherine, along with my studio information for inclusion in her boutique bags. I also worked on an ornament for the Tennessee Governor's Holiday Christmas Tree for our county.   Maybe for this year, this will be enough.  This reality has given me such a feeling of peace, I can’t explain it.  I know I will still finish my items and market them thru different channels.  I know we will still open our home and our hearts on Thanksgiving to our friends and family.  I know that this time next week I will be driving a new car back to Georgia, and you know what?  I know that tomorrow if it is God's plan, I will wake up healthy and full of optimism and hope.  And you know what?  It’s enough..
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment