Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and a Vintage Dough Box





Chalk Painted Dough Box


I just wanted to share with you one of the first painted projects I have done with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.  This paint is amazing.  It went on smoothly and I was able to distress this piece and give it a very old, well used, well loved appearance.  I received my chalk paint from Jennie Leigh Design Studio in Greenville, South Carolina. You can find her here at www.jennieleighdesign.com.  She will ship any amount of products for a flat rate shipping fee.  The hardest decision will be to choose your colors.  For this project I used the Paris Grey over a medium dark stained piece.  I use a wax taper candle to run over the edges and areas that might be worn from use over time.  This quick step allowed me to distress to just the amount of "old wood" I wanted to show without going past into a lighter color of grain.  The inside color is a Martha Stewart color I had on hand of Enamelware.  I went to our favorite graphic site, graphicsfairy.blogspot.com and selected one of the popular French designs.  I then used the Picassa editing program to "flip" the design.  I chose to use the transfer technique using a Mod Podge sealed card stock and applied the design to the front of the piece. You can also find some wonderful transfer techniques at the Graphic Fairy website as well.  After completing the transfer, I gave the entire piece a coat of Annie Sloan Clear Wax, and voila, it was on it way to Carol's Corner in Gainesboro, Tennessee.  This little piece sold quickly and will make its way to a new home outside of Chattanooga.  This is a wonderful feeling, to know a piece that was once loved will be again!  Thanks for taking the time to listen to me go on about some great products and wonderful inspiring websites.  I am also partying this week at Feathered Friday at http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/ ,also at Redoux at http://www.redouxinteriors.com/ and Common Ground and the Frugal Friday at the Shabby Nest http://shabbynest.blogspot.com/ and of course at Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Friday,

Comments