FARRAGOZ

FARRAGOZ
ON LINE OLD WORLD PATINA FURNITURE PAINTING CLASS

The Studio on the Lake in Tennessee

The Studio on the Lake in Tennessee
The Studio on the Lake in Tennessee

Pinterest

Follow by Email

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Shabby Chic,Country French Valentine Crafty Hearts Tutorial


Inspired by shabby chic decorating, I decided to try some ornaments that were shown on the Sommerset site. I wanted to share how they came out for me:



Above, you will see the supplies I used to make the ornament in the upper left hand corner. I had some wonderful musical note fabric, that I purchased online from www.hayloftfabrics.com. I also used some black and tan ticking for the hanger from www.buyfabrics.com. I decided which graphics I wanted to use from Karen at graphics fairy - Bing. Karen has a wonderful source of graphics

I selected the designs I wanted to use, and then I put them together in a work document. I remembered to flip the documents so when the designs were transferred onto to fabric, they would read correctly, and not backwards. I used a tarp canvas for painting for my background fabric. After following the transfer directions, I cut each item out using pinking shears. I also made a template for a heart and cut them out with the same pinking shears of the musical note fabric. I sewed a seam on the outside of the musical heart fabric hearts, leaving a small edge open toward the upper right hand of the heart. I them stuffed the hearts lightly with fiberfill and closed the opening by machine. I used FabricTack glue and applied one of the cutouts of designs onto the front of the musical note heart. I cut a narrow band of the ticking stripe and knotted it at the bottom of each end. I then used the Fabric Tack glue to attach the hanger at each end of the ticking stripe. Voila! You now have a Valentine heart ready to use for your decorating or to give as a gift. You might consider making several of these and putting into a pretty heart shaped basket or box. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment