Shabby Chic,Country French Valentine Crafty Hearts Tutorial


Inspired by shabby chic decorating, I decided to try some ornaments that were shown on the Sommerset site. I wanted to share how they came out for me:



Above, you will see the supplies I used to make the ornament in the upper left hand corner. I had some wonderful musical note fabric, that I purchased online from www.hayloftfabrics.com. I also used some black and tan ticking for the hanger from www.buyfabrics.com. I decided which graphics I wanted to use from Karen at graphics fairy - Bing. Karen has a wonderful source of graphics

I selected the designs I wanted to use, and then I put them together in a work document. I remembered to flip the documents so when the designs were transferred onto to fabric, they would read correctly, and not backwards. I used a tarp canvas for painting for my background fabric. After following the transfer directions, I cut each item out using pinking shears. I also made a template for a heart and cut them out with the same pinking shears of the musical note fabric. I sewed a seam on the outside of the musical heart fabric hearts, leaving a small edge open toward the upper right hand of the heart. I them stuffed the hearts lightly with fiberfill and closed the opening by machine. I used FabricTack glue and applied one of the cutouts of designs onto the front of the musical note heart. I cut a narrow band of the ticking stripe and knotted it at the bottom of each end. I then used the Fabric Tack glue to attach the hanger at each end of the ticking stripe. Voila! You now have a Valentine heart ready to use for your decorating or to give as a gift. You might consider making several of these and putting into a pretty heart shaped basket or box. Enjoy!!

Comments