Back to the Basics!



Well, now that it is a good week plus in 2011, I have started to get back to the basics. Things I enjoy, like painting, and chores I have to do, like change the mall products, and list new items on ebay and my website. I have really enjoyed painting faces for a very good friend of mine, Linda, for her quilt class. She has 25 people taking her class, and I have agreed to paint the faces on the little girl's they will be appliqueing to their quilts. Linda runs the Most Amazing Quilt Shop in Cookeville, Tennessee, and it is exactly that! AMAZING. She has lots of wonderful fabrics and supplies, not to mention some of the best instruction. Thanks to Linda, I have finally learned an acceptable way to applique. It is wonderful to pick this needlework up and have something to do in the evenings that engages you completely. I will post pictures of the quilt and the little faces when I am able to travel thru our "winter wonderland" later this week. In the meantime, we will just have to enjoy a picture from our mountaintop! Have fun this week, and stay warm....

Comments