What do you want for Christmas?


Besides world peace and a cure for all disease, what is on your Christmas list? Not to make light of the current situation, but, has everyone adjusted to the "new normal" that we all hear about on the news, or are there any holdouts for old fashioned Christmas consumerism? Actually, a year later, a year older, I just think a nice peaceful holiday is all that I want this year. Maybe just to curl up, and appreciate being warm while it is blustery outside with a wonderful cup of tea and a great old/new book. I am really finding it hard to drag out all the tinsel and Christmas decorations. I feel that I have Christmas in my heart, and I enjoy seeing it everywhere else, but I am feeling that it is kinda nice not to have to prove to anyone that my cookies are the most delicious, or my decorations the most creative. I don't have to go to the most or the fanciest parties, or host them either. Am I a scrooge? Or am I just being myself? I look around and I am so appreciative of the good things in my life. I have a loving partner, wonderful family members, cherished pets, and relatively good health. These are gifts enough for me this year. Still.....cashmere socks are always nice!

Comments